Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Still here. Still huge.

::bounces on yoga ball::

My next doctor appointment is tomorrow morning. We'll see what my midwife says and figure out how long she'll let me go over. I really don't want to be induced because I really REALLY don't want a c-section so I'm willing to be patient and wait for BabyG to come on his/her own.

I'm starting to get the phone calls and text messages asking if I've had the baby yet/how I'm feeling/asking if I'm having any signs (to which I want to say "YES! My mucus plug is coming out!!" to get people to lay off). I feel great. I'm not waddling TOO badly. The baby is wiggling all the time and is still really low. I'm sure this kid will be just like me - a procrastinator. I'm coming to terms with this and convincing myself that I'll see 41 weeks before the little one decides to show up.

Then I get a phone call from my husband.

A girl he works with (due 2 weeks or so after me) went into labor last night. They just had her baby shower on Monday.

Maybe I should go for a jog around the block...
or two...

4 comments:

Ladonna said...

I tried all of the old wives' tales to get labor going (except castor oil - I didn't get that desperate). What worked for me was bouncing on the yoga ball. I got up off of that and all of a sudden I felt a weird dropping sensation in my pelvis, which I'm pretty sure was my son's head engaging. Labour started a day or so later! I thought for sure that I would go way overdue and end up getting induced too, but I only went four days over. So you never know! Anyway, I'm reading your blog regularly and including you in my prayers. I'm excited to hear what you have (boy or girl!).

Blondee said...

So glad that you are feeling well at this stage. So many are uncomfortable and aggravated. Baby will come when baby is meant to. Hope that all continues on a smooth and steady path for you. :)

blossomgirl said...

Still reading, and looking forward to hearing when the little one arrives! Will be thinking of you in these last few days.

Danse said...

I keep stalking you for a baby update. Come on baby!