Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No baby yet

Being past my due date is one thing. Being past my due date while sitting at home all by myself is totally different. If I were still at work at least I'd be distracted by obnoxious middle schoolers and other crap. Here I'm sitting at home... waiting... wishing something would happen... getting countless texts and phonecalls (from people who would clearly know if the baby was here by now). I'm just bored and lonely. I love the dogs but they're not very exciting companions right now.

So... here's a picture for you. We took this on Sunday I think so that's 40w2d


Up until today I haven't been uncomfortable at all. Today I've got a LOT of pressure (I've had pressure but this is way more than before) but still nothing eventful on the contraction front.

My next appointment isn't until Friday. I really don't want to but I'm going to talk about induction. My dad has a plane ticket for Thanksgiving day (a week from tomorrow!!) and I don't want to be pregnant nor do I want to be in the hospital when he comes down for that. Mom was planning on driving down whenever I went into labor and has been waiting for that phonecall but sadly hasn't gotten it yet!

So... Happy Wednesday?

6 comments:

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

Well, you are an adorable pregnant lady! I hope that baby comes on its own soon!

Blondee said...

A bit of castor oil mixed with jam on toast is a good natural inducer...

But, regardless of when baby decides it's time to come out, you look amazing! I looked like a pile of bloat and chub. Not fair. Not fair at all. ;)

vickie kelley said...

You look great, hang in there! Thanks for the updates.


One of your faithful blog readers in California.

vickie kelley said...

Hang in there, you look great!

One of your faithful blog readers in CA.

Ladonna said...

Very cute belly! I hope (and pray too) that baby decides it is time to see the outside world on his/her own...being overdue and waiting around can be disheartening!

Kat said...

Lovely picture! Hope you've had the baby by now!