Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hello there!!!!

I'm still here and still pregnant! 39 weeks + 1 day now. I used to update from school on my planning when I had a second but school blocked that little feature on my Google page so I've been a failure at updating once again :(

I have been feeling GREAT! Hardly any complaints at all! I've had some seriously bad heartburn this past week and my feet have been swelling a lot but other than that I'm totally fine! I've been blessed with an easy pregnancy and have enjoyed every moment of it.

I had my weekly appointment yesterday. I've had several appointments where my blood pressure has been high (imagine that! Teaching middle school all day then going to my midwife appointment and my BP is up! Amazing right?!). It was up again yesterday (144/98 - yikes) so she wanted to run some tests to see how/if it was affecting the baby. She knew I didn't have pre-eclampsia because I don't have any headaches and my urine and blood tests have been fine.

So... I had a non-stress test. They hook up external fetal monitors and check the baby's heart rate and see if I'm having contractions. They also give you a little button to push to click whenever you feel the baby move. Everything looked fine so it was off to an ultrasound.

The ultrasound was to see baby's size, fluid level and to make sure my high blood pressure wasn't constricting blood flow to the placenta. Everything was fine there too. Baby's weighing between 7 1/2-8lbs. I freaked out a little when the head measured 41 weeks (thanks Mr. G - he had a HUGE head when he was born).

I'm only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. I'm not getting too excited about that cause I could walk around like that for weeks but it's better than nothing I guess!

The MW diagnosed me as having Gestational Hypertension and took me off of work. I had originally wanted to work as long as I could so I'd be home WITH the baby during leave instead of being home waiting for the baby to come. I'm bummed about being off early so I keep trying to tell myself it's best for both of us this way.

Next appointment is Thursday! I'll post a picture tomorrow after church. I keep forgetting to have MrG take a new one because by the time I get through the door I'm taking off my real clothes and putting on sweats/PJs within 5 minutes :)

Sorry it's been so long. I'm thinking I'll get back into the groove of writing this week since I'll be home resting, cleaning and driving myself crazy with the waiting game.

Happy weekend and Happy "Fall Back" time change!

2 comments:

Blondee said...

It can be frustrating waiting so long for something that your heart and soul has wanted so very badly, but trust me savor the last few days of pregnancy. Gods has given you and you alone such an amazing gift of knowing this little life 40 weeks before the rest of the world meets them! Treasure this time, and the miracle your body has performed in nourishing this little one.
Prayers for a safe and swift delivery for you and the babe.

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh. It is almost time! I am so excited for you. I will say a prayer for an event free delivery.