Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ultrasound #2

We had our 2nd ultrasound today with the OBGYN. He said everything looks amazing - couldn't ask for any better. By the calendar days since my last period I'm 8 weeks and 5 days. BabyG is measuring 8 weeks 3 days but he said it's just fine. We got to HEAR the heartbeat (which doesn't always happen this early - you can see it but sometimes can't hear it). It was pumping strong at 188 beats per minute!!

Our next appointment (the "official" New Pregnancy Marathon Appointment = 3 hours long) is in a couple weeks. So here you go!


It's hard to tell with the scanned pic but the baby has grown a LOT since the last one 2 weeks ago. Before it looked like a little peanut that was almost the same size as the yolk sack. Now you can see the head and the body (and little arm/leg buds when we saw the baby in person) and the sac is way smaller than the baby.

This is all so unreal still. I'm just amazed and thank God for every day He gives me with this little one.

6 comments:

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

So sweet. I am so happy for you!

Life's a Bee!! said...

Amazing! Hard to believe you'll be in your 3rd month soon huh?

SweetPea said...

BabyG is just beautiful!!! :)

Ladonna said...

I haven't visited your blog in a few weeks (had a baby 2.5 weeks ago and I've been busy with middle of the night feedings, etc.). Imagine my surprise to check in this morning and get your news! My jaw literally dropped and I squealed with joy when I saw your ultrasound picture. What an answer to prayer! I will continue to pray for you, that you have a healthy and happy rest of your pregnancy. All the best to you, MrG and BabyG!!!!!

Rob Fenstermaker said...

The gift of life is indeed an amazing thing. My oldest will be 18 in August and I still fondly remember the times that my lovely bride and I experienced as we approached the birth of our daughter.

mellow mama said...

oooh how exciting!

i just stumbled upon your blog by accident but i just had my first baby so i can feel the excitement all over again.

wishing you a safe, healthy, joyous pregnancy.