Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A New Routine

I think I'm going to try to get to school just a little early to have a morning devotional time. It's too hard to do that early at home because home is too comfy and I'd fall back asleep and that'd be no good. I don't spend enough time with God, praying, or reading the Bible. I want to worship more every day. If I can get here just 10 minutes early I think it would have a huge impact on my day. I could sit in the quiet before the storm of kids and read and pray - especially for them at that time. I could also turn on Pandora and listen to some music to put me in a better mood. Coffee, the Bible and the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - can't start a day off much better than that right?

Back on the diet today. Phase 1 for the next 2 weeks to try to fix the mess I put myself in the last 2 weeks! I weighed this morning because I was feeling big and ended up that I was down a pound. I'm at 214 lbs. I think my heaviest weight was 238 lbs at the doctor's office one time. Change is coming. More slowly than I like but it's getting there. I have my determination back to not cheat this time. I resisted a doughnut in the teacher's lounge this morning. Some days it's the little things ;)

2 comments:

Chatham said...

As a rule, I never look at the scale when at the Dr.'s. Their scales are sadistic. ;)

Kittybits said...

*sigh* I wish I had something like pandora. I can never find the music that I really want. That sounds like a great morning routine!