Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Two Blog Awards

Because I'm a blogger slacker. The first one is from over a month ago (I can't believe I forgot to do it before now. I feel like this month FLEW by).

It's from my sweet friend Kelly



I am supposed to tell you ten random, honest things about myself. Here they are in no particular order.

1. I am adopted. My mom suffered for years trying to have kids and they were never able to conceive. My brother is adopted too but not from the same family. Interesting that I'm dealing with IF too, huh?

2. I was the drum major in high school. I played the saxophone in band, went through drum major camp and learned a ton to come back and have my sexist band director not let me do anything with what I learned. I still loved it though! :)

3. I'm pretty good at baking but not as good at cooking. I feel like I should be able to do both but I just don't think I'm a very good cook.

4. I hate making the grocery list and planning meals! Especially when MrG tells me he doesn't care what we eat EVERY. TIME. I. ASK. But then when I say "Ok we'll have this" and he says "Oh I don't like that". Help me out!! Sheesh!

5. Since we're talking about food - the smell of food grosses me out lately. I have no idea why. It's bizarre and I don't like it. I may have blogged about this already but... I can't remember and I'm not that interesting so I'm BSing a few of these :)

6. I hate where I live. When I moved to the "south" I thought I was moving to THE south. Mid-south =/= THE south. I was hoping for Paula Deen charm on every corner not the kingdom of NASCAR, missing teeth and mullets.

7. I love snow. Not because I get out of school, because it's beautiful and it's a LOT prettier than ugly, brown, dead grass.

8. I used to drive a forklift over the summers when I was in college - and I love it.

9. I wish we hadn't bought our house but I love it dearly.

10. My childhood teddy bear's name was Timmy. I loved him.


OK On to award #2............

My twin from the coast TW nominated me for this one - Thanks babe! :)

Isn't it lovely? I'm quite proud. In order to receive the award, the following must be completed:
  1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you and link their blogs. Done and done!
  2. Copy the award and paste it above. Check!
  3. Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself. 7 more?!? Eesh!
  4. Nominate 7 bloggers that you love and link to their blogs. I will try
But first, here are 7 mildly interesting things about me.
  1. I teach class piano but I'm not that great of a player myself. I can do enough to get by and definitely have enough skills to teach beginners but I'd rather be teaching chorus... sometimes... :)
  2. I think hunting is gross. I could easily convert to be a fruititarian if I think about what meat really is long enough.
  3. I have a secret life online. Shhhh... don't tell anyone. I'm sure none of you know that.
  4. I love the fact that my twin plays sax too! As I mentioned with award #1 I played/play saxophone. I always played alto in intermediate/middle/high school and when I got to college played bari and it was WAY better :)
  5. There are many days that I wish I was a nurse.
  6. I want to live somewhere closer to the ocean or mountains... or both...
  7. I love Disneyworld and can't wait to go back.


Ok for the whole nominating thing? Yeah I think everyone has already received these awards so how about this? If you HAVEN'T been nominated for one or both of these consider yourself nominated. NOW.

No comments: