Sunday, February 7, 2010

Food (South Beach Phase 2 edition)

My pantry, refrigerator and freezer have had a makeover. It's funny how "healthy" foods are almost always perishables! My fridge has been getting a workout the past few weeks for sure! I'm moving on to Phase 2 of South Beach which opens all sorts of doors for me and is a LITTLE more lenient but when you pick the right stuff you're still supposed to lose weight (though not as rapidly as Phase 1).

I need to tell you how much I love Crystal Light. Really. It has been a life saver with this whole diet. MrG has been drinking the lemonade for a while and I've tried it on occasion - it's really good. I also picked up the Peach Mango Green tea packs and they're fantastic too.

I ran across these at the store and we had to try them...

I had strawberry and MrG had orange and they're delicious.

We also found these (fruit punch/orange and lemonade/raspberry lemonade)
*ps they lied to me. They said if I'd take their survey I'd get a coupon.
Finished the whole thing and it said there weren't any coupons available to print. Lame.


I just ate a bowl of this because I was hungry and didn't eat anything really for breakfast/lunch. By the way when a medication says to take it with food... take it with food. I was totally out of it at the grocery store and dropped the milk I was trying to get out of the cooler. Oops. :(

Surprise! It doesn't taste like cardboard!! HOORAY!!! :) I'm full and happy from just one cup so this cereal gets 2 thumbs up from me!

I also grabbed a box of this kind which cracks me up because it looks like it's geriatric cereal from the "Good Friends" on the front of the box who are two older people. High Fiber = you're old by the way. :)

I haven't tasted it yet but I will definitely let you know how it is. Hopefully it's yummy like good ole Uncle Sam. The fact that they refer to parts of their cereal as "twigs" freaks me out a little but I'll give it a shot.

I'm going to make my own granola sometime soon and I'm really excited about that. I am also allowed to have yogurt and found some lighter sugar/carb yogurt that will be AWESOME. I've missed yogurt and never realized how much sugar was in the average carton!! It's CRAZY!

I hope that was randomly informative in some way. I'm off to make soup for our commercial party tonight... I mean... Super Bowl party... yeah. ;)

No comments: