Friday, October 16, 2009

Mini Vacation

Hello!!! I'm having SUCH a good time visiting my family in Chicagoland this weekend. I packed up one of the dogs and hit the road (Mr. G had to work - sorry honey!) This fall break is going really well. I have a lot to do when I get home getting ready for my new job but this trip has totally been worth it and tomorrow's going to be even better!

Today my mom and I did some shopping. We went to IKEA ::swoons:: Panera, B&BW, and Meijer. Then I went out to dinner with my parents, my godmother and her son.

Tomorrow I'm going to meet a sweet dear friend for breakfast then it's off to visit my grandparents and to an apple orchard. I may throw in lunch (at Panera again) with my brother or it might end up being dinner with the other stuff we're doing.

New job!! I'm going to be teaching keyboard class (piano class) at a middle school. One classroom. One school. Fun and easy job. Keyboard all day. They each have a keyboard to play and a headset. It's really high tech so I can listen in and talk to whoever I need to over the headsets through a microphone from my teacher's station. TOO COOL. I'm really excited. I got curtains and a rug at IKEA for my classroom today along with some new wallflower refills to make it smell good too.

I'm off to bed. I've got an early morning and a busy day!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Have fun up there! I wish I was up there right now too! Boo! Anyhoo, your new job sounds like a ton of fun! And yes, high tech! Wow!