Monday, August 17, 2009

Another step forward - IUI on Monday

I definitely just spent over 2 hours in the doctor's office. I called to see if I needed an ultrasound (thinking we were going to repeat what we've done the last 2 cycles) and the nurse told me to come in and talk to the doctor about insemination.

I asked if 4pm would be ok and she said yes. An hour and a half later I was still waiting to see the doctor - but it was totally cool because Mr.G made it to the "appointment" in time!

I asked questions (he says he loves my questions but I can't help but feel like Elaine from Seinfeld in the "difficult" patient episode!) and we discussed options. I didn't tell him about the RE appointment I have scheduled - I'll just cross that bridge when I get to it (hopefully I won't need the appointment at all and will be able to cancel!).

Problem is the day I would normally get an ultrasound to do a follie check lands on a Saturday and the clinic isn't open. The doctor and nurse both assured me it'd be ok to go ahead without one but honestly I'm still a little nervous about it.

We're having a friend of ours give me my injection on Sunday (because Corey's a wimp and they prefer to have someone trained do it so it was that or go to Convenient Care). Then we'll do the IUI on Monday!!

Please pray for us!! :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for IUI! I know you are excited! I'll be praying for you!

Jessica Loves Trevor (JLT) said...

Good luck with the IUI! I am so hopeful for you!