Monday, July 13, 2009

The loss of a friend.

This is foreign ground for me. I've never been through this before. It's unbelievable and devastating all at the same time. I feel like my heart is full of lead. I've worked at Job #2 since October 08 so I haven't known her long but I feel like I knew her well. She was always brought life to the room. She was fun to be around and always made me laugh. She made work not feel like a job.

Bronda was taken from us way too early. She was 23 - her life was just beginning. Just after midnight on Saturday night (Sunday morning) she was driving in an area she was unfamiliar with and drove her car straight off of a boat ramp into the Tennessee river. I breaks my heart thinking about what her last moments must have been like. Did she know what was going on? Did she panic? Was she conscious? Did she know Christ?

It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that she's gone. It's not hard, it's next to impossible. I had just talk to her on Friday - complaining about something that seems totally futile now. She had been planning on dying the tips of her hair purple last night and now she's gone. Her hair would have looked cool with purple on the ends and it totally would have fit her personality.

I hope and pray that she's sitting in heaven right now because I refuse to think about the other option. I want to spend eternity laughing with my friend. I will miss you Bronda.



No comments: