Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You know you've had a long TTC/IF road if...

1.) You have dreams (WEIRD dreams) about tests you're having done.

I go in for my first date with the transvag ultrasound (more affectionately known as the dildo cam) on Monday. I have to do another post coital test too that same day so I'm in for a good time. Oh yeah, here's the dream...

I was on some rickety fishing boat out in the ocean. Al Roker was there doing a weather report and interviewing my doctor. I was laying on the exam table in stirrups. That's all I can remember now but I just know it was even more weird than that.

2.) You have pee sticks in your bathroom that have expired

I think most people POAS more than I do but it's really sad seeing an expiration date on a pee stick. I mean I've got expired OPKs before but I accidentally BOUGHT them expired - these have expired because I've had them so long.

3.) You've fallen in love with a bedding set and have come to find out that it's been discontinued (and you're STILL not pregnant).

Here it is - DwellStudio™ for Target® Bedding Collection - Circles

(pic from Target.com)

I love it. It's extremely gender neutral. It's cute. It's simple. There's not a theme to it (this is vital). It's not pastel colors (but it's also not too dark or too loud).

What more could a girl ask for? - maybe for it NOT to be discontinued, there's always that! :(

Good news. A friend of mine says she has a set stored away and was going to put it on ebay and she'd be willing to sell it to me. I wouldn't even hesitate. That'd be my second phantom baby purchase and I wouldn't even feel bad about it :)


1 comment:

Miranda said...

yay! I'm glad I can help with your phantom baby purchases! They won't be phantom babies forever!

Also, with the expired pee sticks you could conduct your very own experiments a la POAS.com to see what other liquids in your house get BFNs. Or, you could save them until you're KU and then pee on them and see if they really DO expire!