Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Skirt Project (Part #1)

Almost 2 years ago we were at Marshall's (LOVE that store) and I found some dresses that would definitely not fit me. I bought them because they were $7 each with no intention of wearing them myself. I wanted to make them into baby dresses.

Well... I'm tired of waiting and I still love the fabric so we're making them into skirts for ME instead. So I'm going to document the progress here because I'm super excited and it gives me something to write about other than food and being infertile! :)

*Let me say that Mr. G will be making these skirts - I have NO idea how to sew (which is SO embarrassing) but I blame it on my mother because she pushed me into band and chorus so I didn't get classes like industrial arts/woodshop, home ec, computers... those fun ones. I never made the pillows like everyone else and I have no idea how to work a sewing machine. I plan on fixing this problem in the near future though! :)

The original dresses looked like this.
We're tearing them apart and putting them back together as just the skirt part.

Color/Pattern #1
(dark pink, light pink & tan)

Color/Pattern #2
(bright red and tan)

Color/Pattern #3
basically the same as #1 just different colors
(blue, green & gray)
This one will be done first - Mr. G is working on it right now!


to be continued....

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. I love the blue/gray/green one!

Kelly said...

What a great husband! I love the fabric!