Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day and more

Tomorrow is Father's Day. We'll be going to church then going out to the in-law's to visit/celebrate. We were looking for Father's day cards for Mr. G's dad today and I noticed that 99% of them are about golfing, beer, farting/bowel movements or giving kids money. Why is that? Who says men have to like golfing and beer? Who made that rule up? Just funny to me.

I'm not sure if Father's Day is as hard on Mr. G as Mother's Day is on me. I don't know if any of this IF stuff is as hard for him as it is for me! I guess it's because I feel like the failure - like it's MY fault we're not there yet. That every time I see beautiful babies I think about how I haven't been able to have that yet. I hope it's not too bad for him. I love him dearly and he gets upset when I apologize for the IF (I know, I know it's not really my fault).

So going to the in-law's. I'm making another batch of my blackberry peach goodness. My FIL, Mr. G's grandmother and I will probably be the only ones eating it but that's ok! I'll bring it home! :) We've found out this week that 2 couples in Mr. G's family/family-friends are getting divorced. Seriously. One of them have grown kids and the other has older kids (just out of high school and still in high school - maybe a senior?). What the crap?! Two in one week! It's so sad to me.

I'm hoping the pool is open at their house because I'd love to swim. In the perfect words of a dear friend "Someone set the weather to INFERNO here!". It's seriously blazing and humid. I'm SOOOOOOO looking forward to band camp heat! If I'm pregnant by then (HAHA) I don't know how I'm going to handle it. I was having hot flashes today at Target - I kept asking Mr. G if he was hot (because he is ALWAYS hot) and he kept looking at me like I was crazy. Thanks Clomid! :D ::eyeroll::

Monday is the double whammy at the doctor's office. Post coital test directly followed by an up close and personal encounter with the dildo cam. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Maybe we can throw another test in there to make it a triple play. I was scheduled to work that night but figured all the trauma would be too much so I got someone to take my shift.

No comments: