Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blackberry Peach Crisp (edit: recipe added)

At the Farmers Market I bought some peaches (finally). When we stopped at a different booth to get some amazing lettuce I saw some blackberries and I couldn't resist. I had no idea what I was going to use them for I just saw them, they were beautiful and I had to get them! I came home and googled how to store them then started looking for recipes. I decided on Blackberry Peach Crisp. Fresh, homemade from scratch (the only thing I was missing was vanilla ice cream)


Blackberry - Peach Crisp
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 3/4 cup flour, divided
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 4 cups fresh blackberries, washed and drained
  • 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches

Preparation -
Combine the oats, brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the flour in a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter or margarine with a fork or pastry blender to form large, coarse, moist crumbs; set aside. Spray an 8” X 8” square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place the blackberries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup flour over the top. Add the sliced peaches. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top and bake in a preheated oven at 350° for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the fruit mixture is bubbly and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm, topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

So I started taking pics of my creation and then totally forgot about doing the middle steps (making the "crust" part, putting it all together, into the oven, out of the oven...). So here are my bits and pieces of the crisp I made last night and enjoyed more of today! :)

Blackberries

Peaches
(it's HARD to peel & slice peaches! They're slippery!)
::left steps out here::

Ready for the oven

Delicious! :)

2 comments:

magdalina said...

oh my gosh, that looks delicious! Was it easy to make?

Mrs.G said...

It was SIMPLE to make! SO easy! :) Here I'll edit to post the recipe too :)