Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SERIOUSLY?!?!

I feel like my head is spinning clear around on my shoulders right now. I can't believe this. I got a call back from my dr's nurse and the conversation went like this:

Me: Am supposed to be taking progesterone right now?
Nurse: What CD are you?
Me: 17
Nurse: Yes you are.
Me: What exactly is the progesterone doing?
Nurse: In many early pregnancy losses it's a problem w/low progesterone so we're supplementing that.
Me: Ok... (thinking: I wasn't ovulating so how can I be pg or have a loss?)

Me: How am I supposed to know if the Clomid worked? I don't even know if I ovulated. I got a +OPK yesterday and today but that's when I started progesterone...
Nurse: Well you need to have sex on CD14,16&18 and If you have a missed period at the end of your cycle we'll know if it worked.
Me: ::awkward silence:: o...k...

Me: I had a post coital done on Friday and the lady who did it said we'd have to do IUI. How will I know what's going on with that? What's the game plan?
Nurse: ::pause:: Well the doctor won't be in this week so I'll ask him next week and see what he says.

I'm sorry. I thought that in this TTC game that timing was everything. Being out of the office for over a week with no contact, information, guidance or ANYTHING just doesn't really seem acceptable to me. I feel like this was another cycle flushed down the toilet because my doctors don't listen and are seemingly incompetent.

I want to cry or hit something or both. I just don't know what to do. I guess I'll have to start over again. My insurance company is going to think I'm a lunatic. This sucks. I mean as if this friggin journey isn't hard enough can't I get a decent doctor to help me?!?

1 comment:

Danse said...

That royally blows - they should have better answers for you and be able to answer your questions in a timely manner. (just FYI, I was on progesterone too, it just helps to support a pregnancy).