Friday, May 22, 2009

IUI

Foolishly I let myself believe that Clomid would do the trick and we'd golden. I thought that SURELY ovulation was the only problem we had on this whole TTC journey and it'd be solved once we got me ovulating. That HAS to be the reason... RIGHT?!?!

Wrong.

My test today showed that my cm and Mr. G's swimmers are apparently not getting along. The nurse practitioner who performed it and came back from the lab to tell me that they weren't moving around and said the next thing to do would be to have intrauterine insemination done and kinda started talking to me like I didn't know what that meant. I was too shocked to be offended at the time. She had never met me before. She has no idea that I've been doing this and looking stuff up for over a year. It wasn't her fault.

She said she'd email my doctor with her findings (it'd be super cool if he were in his office every once in a while) and he'd get in touch with me. She said to take the progesterone and he'd tell me what we were going to do next.

I'm still having trouble digesting this. The thing that was like a punch to the stomach was the fact that my body won't LET me get pregnant (even if I WERE ovulating). That my best shot at getting pregnant (right now anyway) is laying on a table with my feet in stirrups under a paper sheet. Not quite the way I dreamed of this happening (but then again nothing seems to be going the way I thought/hoped it would from the beginning of this infertility mess).

So... guess it's time to learn a little more about IUI and how much this is going to cost. Not exactly the anniversary present I had in mind.


4 comments:

Jen said...

I'll be praying for you! Happy Anniversary.

On the bright side, at least you have answers now. Maybe not the answers you'd hoped, but answers none the less.

Danse said...

I'm sorry G, it's such hard news to digest. But just remember, no even if what gets you pregnant is some washed semen and stirrups, it's still out of love.

aLLie said...

Prayers for you girl,
*big hug*

Jessica Loves Trevor (JLT) said...

I think the worst part of it all, is knowing that you can't get preganant "naturally" by just having sex with your husband. That took me a while to digest, too. it took me a few days to cry over before I was okay with everything. You'll be okay! I'll be thinking about you!