Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doctor stuff

So apparently they're NOT going to take ultrasounds of me on clomid (not what I was lead to believe) until we're doing IUI (or if we're doing IUI anyway). :( I don't know what to think. I guess I'll proceed with extreme caution since I finished my clomid yeterday. It kinda makes me sad that I TOLD them that's why I switched from my first doctor then I found this out later.

Friday I have to do my post coital test to see how the swimmers like the water. Mr. G will have to take an early lunch and celebrate our anniversary early so that I can have the test done at 1:50pm. Nothing says happy anniversary like a nurse practitioner digging around in your vag. Lovely. Another thing you'd never think you'd have to say when you started TTC.

I got pre-seed the other day - do I go lube free for the post coital? Anyone know? I was going to ask the nurse when I had her on the phone (FINALLY) but she put me on hold and didn't ask if I had any more questions she just transferred me to the person who was making the appointment.

I also picked up my Rx for my progesterone supplements. Good news friends, I didn't get suppositories!! WOOT!! Pills for the WIN!!! Hopefully they'll work. I'd suffer through the pachina vitamins if I needed to.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Cate said...

The more and more I read about Clomid and clearance US's is they are more likely to be given to girls with PCOS. They aren't any fun, so you aren't missing anything :)

Jessica Loves Trevor (JLT) said...

Go lube-free for the post coital. The point of that test is to see how well the sperm survive in your mucus, and the lube would cloud that. Good luck!