Monday, May 11, 2009

CD1 and other shenanigans

So... yesterday. Mother's Day, Infertility Survival Day, and CD1. Nothing quite like it. I look forward to it every year nowadays (and by that I mean dread). I survived like a champ! Broke down in tears at church during the prayer that comes right before the music minister makes you stand up and talk to everyone around you. Impeccable if I do say so myself. I felt like a freak and couldn't imagine what people were thinking all around me. At the time it made me feel worse - now I'm laughing thinking about it. Oh well.

Yesterday afternoon I went to an audition for a musical at the local theatre guild. I don't think I did horrible but I also don't think I got a part. I'm not the best and I know that. I hate hate HATE auditioning so the fact that it lasted 2 hours (maybe more) was not fun for me. I wanted to be weepy at home all day by myself and eat chocolate. I guess the 2 hours was good then since it kept me away from that! :)

My (very gay, very diva) guy friend decided he was going to tag along with me and audition too. He was driving me INSANE and had never ever done an audition before. It was like being there with a 13 year old, I swear. He wouldn't shut up and then when I would try to talk to him about something he'd totally ignore me then say "I'm sorry, what did you say?" I wanted to knock him out of his chair. I've got a LONG summer ahead if he's going to be like that during rehearsals for this show. Not to mention he is NEVER on time ANYWHERE and has this status complex where he thinks that because he "knows people" he should get he same treatment they do. He works for an eye clinic that's owned by a wealthy/stylish doctor. He's her office manager but he acts like they're BFF. Reality check to table #4, please.

Today I got up to call my doctor's office which is STILL a pain in the rear but I got a better receptionist this time. I left a message for Dr. W's nurse to call me back with what I need to do since I'm on CD2 now and I still don't know what the plan is for this cycle. He's out of the office until Wednesday (CD4) so I started to worry. The nurse just called me back with no answers but it was good to hear someone other than a receptionist. She said she'd ask him on Wednesday when he was back in the office. I guess if I'm going on Clomid I'll find out the day before I need to start it and there will be no ultrasound until CD13 when they check the size of the follicles. Talk about cutting it CLOSE!!

No comments: