Friday, April 3, 2009

It frightens me that...

... I usually enjoy my 2nd job more than the ones I spent thousands of dollars to get a degree for.

Scary. Really really scary.

Maybe it's that I don't have to deal with dumb people for long increments of time (this is something that has made me SURE that I couldn't be an elementary classroom teacher - I couldn't handle the same kids all year).

Maybe it's that if a bottle of lotion gets out of line I can push it around, throw it or drop it around (not things I can do while teaching).

Maybe it's because I can leave work AT work and not bring home the baggage.

Maybe it's that I get paid as much as (or less) than the ASSISTANT manager. Really shows how much our society values education right?

I don't know what it is but it freaks me out every time I come home from job #2 and wouldn't mind going back.

No comments: