Monday, April 13, 2009

Doctor update!! (FANTASTIC!!!)

This new doctor is everything that I've needed. What an amazing blessing this appointment was! He's a strong Christian (the head deacon at our church) and actually LISTENED to what I had to say and questions I wanted to ask. He explained things and told us the game plan. He took my charts and wanted to keep them! Seriously?! He said I could quit charting if I wanted to but if not I could keep doing it (I will since I've paid for an entire year and I kinda like knowing what's going on). The first thing he told us is that he's been on our end of this particular doctor-patient relationship so he knows exactly where we're coming from.

Before I left the office I had blood work done to check for PCOS and he assured me that they do ultrasound monitoring when they prescribe Clomid (if it gets to that and he thinks it might based on the stuff I've told him and my charts).

Here's the game plan. Today I had bw done to check for PCOS (insulin levels and other stuff I couldn't really tell because the write up was scribbly). I think he was double checking my thyroid too with this blood work.

Day 19 I'm having a Serum Progesterone lab done - I can't remember what that's for but I'm going to read for it in my information that he gave me.

Day 26 will be an endometrial biopsy (another thing I need to read up on).

He said we're skipping the HSG (thank you Lord) and we're going to delay the Post-Coital test until next cycle to get this other stuff in order first.

The best part is that he talked about God, he talked about the bible and he prayed with us at the end of the appointment. I did so well not breaking down and crying while I explained everything to him and listened to him but when it got to the end I started to crumble. He was so encouraging and so level headed and really cared. Ever since I was younger when people cared about me and prayed for me it makes my heart well up and I cry because I didn't get that at home. I am so grateful for God putting this doctor in our path. I know He has a plan for us and having this new doctor will help me keep my head up during this hard trying journey.

And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

2 comments:

Jessica Loves Trevor said...

How awesome! I am so happy that you have found a doctor that is such a good fit. It makes all the difference when you are listened to and understood. I am hoping this is the start of a short journey to mommy-hood for you!

NorthernChick.InFL said...

That is so great! Just having such a caring and understanding doctor will undoubtedly relieve some stress. I hope things move very quickly for you -- best of luck! :)