Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gone with the Wind

Nothing new on the baby making front but I do have a funny/silly/dumb story to share.

We have 2 trash days in our neighborhood - Tuesdays & Fridays. Tuesday was the day I came home from school. When I got home the wind had blown over the box for our new vacuum and a few other boxes C had put out for them to take. I went out and put them back weighing them down with the extra trash bag, grabbed the mail and went inside. It was SO WINDY that day! It got worse as the day went on! C came home from work early and went to his job #2 and I didn't go outside for anything since I wasn't feeling well

... Wednesday passed...

This morning he said "Where's our trash can?".
Me: "I don't know I thought you brought it in"
C: "I didn't bring it in I thought YOU brought it in!"

Now I had seen the lid of a trash can down the street yesterday when I came home from school. I wondered who in the world would let their trash can lid blow away with out picking it up off the side of the street and went on with my day.

::light bulb::

Me: "Well... yesterday I saw a trash can LID down the street but I didn't see a trash can... look down there when you pull out of the driveway and see if it's our lid"

It was.

So before I left for work I drove down to the lid and looked for the trash can. Sure enough it had blown up on the far side of a neighbor's garage where we couldn't see it from our house.

Oops...
:)


3 comments:

magdalina said...

That happened to us, but with our recycling container.

Danse said...

Maybe your neighbors were just trying to steal your trash ;oP

Mrs.G said...

Well if they were they sucked at it because they only got the bottom and left the lid by the road! LOL