Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blood work results

She called when it was the end of one of my classes. I was giving them a treat for listening well during the lesson and letting them watch High School Musical for the last 10 minutes of class. I stepped out in the hall and stood with my head out of the cracked door so I could hear her and they could still see me. All that to say I SWEAR she told me my progesterone levels were .5 and they usually like them to be around 10 or 11. Now she MIGHT have said 5, which isn't nearly as bad but I really think she said POINT FIVE.

:(

Thyroid looked ok so on CD3 I'll be starting Clomid. I asked if they monitor it while patients are on it and she said no but I'm going to look into that further before I start taking it. Several e-friends have had trouble with the lining of their uterine wall getting too thin because their doctor didn't monitor it. I'm going to make an appointment to see the doctor to talk through all of this so I can ask questions and have answers. I'm also going to call around to other doctors to see if THEY monitor etc. and go in with information I've found on it to see if he would make an exception to ease my mind.

I'll go in for CD21 blood work again next cycle and they want me to use OPKs too.

I'm trying to stay positive and keep the "at least I've got answers now" state of mind but it's hard. I just want to get back in bed and stay there until Tuesday. No diagnosis given just that I'm not ovulating and my hormones are off. I don't know what to think.

1 comment:

Danse said...

Just to clarify, I was monitored (just had to ASK what the lining was before the OB admitted it was an issue) - but monitoring is the only way you'll know for sure. Good luck!