Saturday, August 2, 2008

the baby borrowers

Last weekend I struggled after we were finished babysitting. I had a lot fun and it was awesome playing mommy for the weekend. When she left it felt like there was something missing in our home. I could seriously do this. I've always dreamt of being a mom. Having a chance to do it right. I don't get along with my mother and she made life really hard on me emotionally while I was growing up. I'm ready to take a shot at it myself.


We had tons of fun and much of our days were spent like this...


...cuddling, exploring, looking for the dogs, running from the dogs (she loved them and wanted to be able to SEE them at all times but when they came close and tried to give her kisses she'd say "NO!" and try to push them away),

Trying to kiss Zoey - not sure if Zoey liked it.

watching the fish and learning new words. I got to take her to the mall with me and she was perfect (a natural shopper). We took her to church with us - again, perfect. The couple in front of us told us how great and beautiful our baby was. She was so quiet they didn't even know she was there. We smiled politely thanked them and explained that she wasn't ours.


It was amazing.

I'm so ready for this.

1 comment:

Brigid said...

Your borrowed baby is adorable. DH and I babysat 3 of my cousins for just a couple hours the other weekend and he was ridiculously in love with the thought of having babies. Obviously, we are TTC, but I've never seen him get so mushy over it. Even with the oldest of the kids having autism, DH worked really well with him...which made me want to jump him that very moment. It was a great experience for us in just a couple of hours and I bet it was even more amazing for you having her for the entire weekend :)